Every dish that I cook, always had its own background story behind it.
Just like this one: Chicken Cordon Bleu Balls. Through its name, you know that I'm inspired by Chicken Cordon Bleu. Since I don't have much time to cook, I simplify this dish and make it as a finger food.
It was when my dad asked me to cook for him. He said, "Why do you always cook for your husband, and never for your dad???" So, here I present you the recipe of Chicken Cordon Bleu Balls, specially created for my beloved dad ;)
- 250 grams of minced chicken
- Mozzarella cheese or you can easily use QuickMelt, cut into dices
- 3 cloves of garlic, grind
- Salt and Pepper
- Bread crumbs
- 2 egg, whisk
- Cooking oil
- Chili sauce or tomato ketchup
How to Make:
- Put the minced chicken into a big bowl. Add the garlic. Mix them.
- Add some salt, pepper and oregano.
- Put some bread crumbs into a flat plate. Prepare the eggs, too.
- Take a spoon of minced chicken, flatten it, put a dice of cheese in the middle and round it. Make sure that the cheese is in the middle, so it won't melt out during frying.
- Dip the ball into the eggs, and then roll it onto the bread crumbs. Make sure that the ball's surface is already covered with the bread crumbs.
- Keep the ball for approx. 1 hour to make the bread crumbs stick well.
- Prepare the cooking oil to fry. Deep fry the ball with low heat.
- Serve the ball with chili sauce or tomato ketchup.
- If you fry the ball with over high heat, the cheese inside the ball will easily burst.
- This dish is much more delicious when you enjoy it right after it's fried, since the minced chicken is still moist and the cheese is still melting.